Miso marinated Spanish mackerel
Since enzyme, a component of miso break down the protein of fish, the fillet of fish become soft fluffy texture after marinating. You can try meat and poultry as well.
Fillet of fish 2 pieces
Such as salmon, mackerel, Spanish mackerel, black cod and swordfish
Miso marinade mixture
Yellow Miso 100g
Sake 50 ml
Sugar 1 Tbsp
1. Prepare fillet of fish. Pick the bone out from the filet. sprinkle salt over the flesh side and leave it for about 10 min.
2. Meanwhile mix all the ingredients of miso, sake, mirin and sugar in a container.
The picture is 10 min after sprinkled salt. The liquid bring out from the flesh containing fishy smell. This prep is important for every fish cooking.
3. Remove liquid surface of salted fish completely with paper towels.
4. Line 1/3 of miso mixture in shallow tray. Line the fillet of fish over the miso paste and cover with miso mixture over the fish. Cover with plastic wrap tightly and leave it in a fridge for 2 nights.
5. Remove miso paste from the fish and line them on a baking pan with baking sheet.
6. Bake them in preheated 200 °C oven for 10 to 15 min, until the flesh become flaky.
7. Serve them in a plate in room temperature.