Miso marinated Spanish mackerel
Since enzyme, a component of miso break down the protein of fish, the fillet of fish become soft fluffy texture after marinating. You can try meat and poultry as well.
Fillet of fish 2 pieces
Such as salmon, mackerel, Spanish mackerel, black cod and swordfish
Miso marinade mixture
Yellow Miso 100g
Sake 50 ml
Sugar 1 Tbsp
1. Prepare fillet of fish. Pick the bone out from the filet. sprinkle salt over the flesh side and leave it for about 10 min.
2. Meanwhile mix all the ingredients of miso, sake, mirin and sugar in a container.
The picture is 10 min after sprinkled salt. The liquid bring out from the flesh containing fishy smell. This prep is important for every fish cooking.
3. Remove liquid surface of salted fish completely with paper towels.
4. Line 1/3 of miso mixture in shallow tray. Line the fillet of fish over the miso paste and cover with miso mixture over the fish. Cover with plastic wrap tightly and leave it in a fridge for 2 nights.
5. Remove miso paste from the fish and line them on a baking pan with baking sheet.
6. Bake them in preheated 200 °C oven for 10 to 15 min, until the flesh become flaky.
7. Serve them in a plate in room temperature.
There is a similar dish to escabeche, Spanish cooking, in Japan. We call the dish as "nanban-zuke".
Japanese nanban marinade cooking is pan fried or deep fried meat, poultry or seafood marinated in soy sauce based vinegar sauce. marinade ingredients are easy to remember. Just combine same amount of soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sake.
Soy sauce 1 : Vinegar 1: Sugar 1: Sake 1
Prepare the marinade seasoning in a tray or shallow container then pan fry or deep fry the protein and vegetable ingredients. Right after cooked the ingredients, transfer them straight from the pan, while it is super hot, to marinade seasoning.
Protein ingredients and vegetables infuse the flavor to the marinade sauce and it becomes better and better taste after leaving for a while, I would say more than 1 hour is good. over night and after two days is the fridge is also fine.
I finally conducted in perfect runny egg recipe. I heard many people that cooking runny egg is challenging. I've failed many times and now I proudly share how to make perfect egg.
Ingredients for 4 eggs
Eggs in a fridge 4 ea
VInegar 2 Tbsps
Soy sauce 2 Tbsps
Mirin 1 Tbsp
Sugar 1 Tbsp
This is a great tool for making a small hall on eggshell. Making hall make peeling eggshells easier after boiling egg.
100 yen stores sell this useful kitchen tool. Only 100 yen plus VAT!
Chilled egg put on the yellow tool and gently press down. A pin in the yellow tool make small hall in the egg.
1 Bring water to a boil in a small pan. After rolling boil, add cold eggs into the pot one by one.
Add 2 Tbsps of vinegar into the pot. Cook the egg 6 min over medium heat.
2 After 6 min, transfer the eggs to a bowl with plenty of cold water. Leave them until cooled.
3 Peel the eggs. Now you know it is so easy to peel the eggshells. This half boiled egg go with asparagus dish in spring.
Marinate the eggs in mixture of soy sauce, mirin and sugar for over night.
Great ramen topping.
Recently I heard chicken breast intake 100 g per day support physical and mental health.
I've been trying to make good chicken breast and this is very easy yet taste and texture are perfect!
Chicken breast 1 piece
Soy sauce 150ml
Sugar 3 Tbsps
Vinegar 1/2 Tbsp
Ginger grated 1 Tbsp
Garlic grated 1 tsps
Spring onion green part 1 ea
1 Prepare a small pot. Add all the ingredients
2 Turn the heat high and bring them to a boil. Reduce heat low and cook for 7 min to 10 min, depending on the chicken breast size. I would say 300 g for 8min.
Then the surface side down and cook another 7 to 10 min over low heat.
3 Cover the lid and leave it until completely cooled down. Cut in half to see if the chicken has cooked. If it doesn't enough to cook, take the chicken out and bring the seasonings to a boil again. Then add chicken pieces back to the pot and cook additional 3 to 5 min until cook completely.
* The chicken should be cooked completely, but shouldn't be over cooked. Time for leaving a pot with lid is still cooking. Check the doneness after chicken cooled completely.